Hittech Wemac | QA Engineer or Assistant Engineer
Location: Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
In line with our planned business growth, we have a vacancy for the position of
QA Engineer or Assistant Engineer (full time)
• Assist the QA Manager in supervising the operations in quality products delivered to customers; verify that all quality control activities meet the customer’s requirements
• Ensure that the inspection and test methods are carried out effectively
o Anticipate potential issues, enable to scrutinize and control the inspection gate
o Qualify the production in first and last piece buyoff
o Define equipment used for QA Inspection and verification
o Verify regularly the use of gauge or equipment that is under calibration control
o Perform and support first article inspection
o Effective verification and disposal of non-conformance material.
o Liaison with supplier, ensure quality in compliance with the requirements.
• Ensure that all major defect parts and customer complaints are well handled and correct actions are taken for all quality problems and thus prevent recurrence.
• Communication with related departments for solutions and corrective actions.
• Coordinate NCR disposition, ensure timely disposed and extend the activities in liaison with internal or external parties to achieve the resolution.
• Maintain contact with external calibration party and ensure internal calibration on equipment is performed according to plan. Familiar with customer standards, enable to make the precise judgement.
• Provide training for inspectors and technicians when improvements or skills enhancements are required.
• Monitor constantly on the QA team morale, discipline and performance. Motivate and develop the subordinates.
• Well equipped with measurement and operation knowledge and skills. Enable to maintain equipment in precise and accurate conditions.
• Tasks that are specified in Quality Management System such as QM, SOP and WI etc.
• Execute other tasks assigned by the superior
• Coordinate the non-conformance material for the disposal activities.
• Improve on Inspection process, test methods, product quality and quality controls
• Define inspection criteria in order to arrive the effectiveness of quality control.
• Rectify and amend CMM programming to arrive precise and accurate measurement method.
• Develop Work Instruction for those areas required for guideline. Monitor effectiveness of Work Instruction.
Expectations of the company
Adhere to the company’s core values: integrity, creditability, right attitude and teamwork.
Adhere to the company’s quality system and support the quality objectives at all times.
Minimum Requirements / Education level
Minimum Professional Certificate and Diploma or above preferred
Minimum 3 years working experience in similar field / position
QA test & inspection skills, communication skills and supervising skills, CMM Zeiss programming and calibration skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook)
Able to read Technical Drawings
Analytical skills, problem solving skills and trouble-shooting skills
Precision Engineering knowledge
Knowledge in fabrication of Jigs and Fixture, GD&T and surface treatment methods
A challenging, independent and responsible position in a professional work environment. There is plenty of room for professional development and self-development. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates. We practice a vibrant and energetic office culture.
Information can be obtained from Siti Hajar Binti Baharum, HR Officer, +604 588 1234.
You can send your application directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org